Bovine tuberculosis progresses from initial infection, subclinical symptoms, to a severe disease state riddled with numerous lesions. Death may eventually result.
Step 1: Infection
- Bacteria enters respiratory system
- Engulfed by immune cells
- Carried to lymph nodes and throughout respiratory tract
Step 2: A silent danger
- Symptoms often do not appear for long periods of time following infection (subclinical infection)
Step 3: Lesions!
- Development of numerous lesions on infected organs
Step 4: Death?
- Weakened, emaciated state
- May eventually result in death