What is it?
- Review of available information regarding bTB in cattle and potential transmission from badgers
- Found correlative link between badger and cattle bTB infection
- However, causative role unknown
- Badger-to-cattle transmission risk still unquantified
- Trial cull to assess impact of badgers on cattle bTB infection and to test effectiveness of badger cull
Impact on government?
- Development of Five Point Plan focusing on:
- Public health safety
- Testing cattle for bTB
- Vaccine Development
- Research into spread of disease
- Initial trial cull
The Krebs Report can be found here. (WARNING: It is extremely long!!)