The development of legislation dealing with badger culling for bTB control is extremely complex as multiple issues need to be considered (Garner et al., 2007):
- Potential risk to human health
- Consumers worried over contaminated livestock
- Adequate funding for vaccines and being able to diagnose bTB
- Impact on economic relationship with trading partners
- Epidemiological and economic models
- Public opinion
Currently there are a number of policies and regulations regarding this issue, described in the following posts. However, at the moment there is no United Kingdom wide policy implemented.