Software Pitch

I reviewed this pitch from

What I liked about the ThoughtFarmer pitch was that it has a good wrapper meaning that it starts and ends well. The speaker introduces himself as the co-creator of the venture right at the start which provides instant credibility to his talk. He then launches into a general description which is easy to understand. He ends the pitch with an impressive list of customers that had me going online to look up the company. While he did a good job with the general description he did throw in some technical terms that may be offputting to some. Overall though he kept the language general and touched on key pain points such as security, democracy, collaboration, and ease of use as differntiators. However, I didn’t think these points were enough to differentiate the product from competitors which I would assume to be MicroSoft Sharepoint teamsites.

There was nothing in the pitch about the financial benefit of the venture to the venturist so this was targeted only to potential customers, but he was clear about who those customers are.

Posted in: Week 03: Analyst Bootcamp