Hello from Ireland!

Greeting from Ireland!

Ok so far I have been the only Irish person on the MET course so I assume its the same here.
This is my 5th course and I am delighted to say that I have just finished all the ‘core’ subjects.
Now its down to the good stuff.

David Vogt, you, were one of the reasons why I began the MET course in the first place as I was impressed with the mix of ‘real-world-ism’ and training – so no pressure!

During the day I wear many hats, I work for the national broadcaster here in Ireland. I am a professional cameraman/editor/producer/director/etc and work on things like news, feature programs and documentaries. I also work in the IT engine room on Video On Demand (VOD) and catch up services, social media outlets and promos – here is the flag ship service the broadcaster offers – http://www.rte.ie/player

I am always asked for something good to do in Ireland when people visit.

Well here it is – the single best thing to visit in Ireland is to visit Skelligs Rock.The trip has everything, risk (weather)/adventure (its a few miles off the Atlantic Coast)/danger (300 steps on an open face)/history (monastic site for thousands of years)/wildlife (puffins everywhere – see pic below)/exercise (there is definitely no lift on the island visit).

In my down time and when I am not METing my bum off I do a lot of kitesurfing (hope to go on a kiting tour with the finnish kiting team in a few months) and when the wind is down I have been known to do a bit of plain aul surfing. I also golf but thats not as interesting to people I find!

By night I am batman, naturally – but don’t tell anyone.

Posted in: Week 01: Introductions