Here are a few templates and planning resources (shared with permission from some local School Districts) that may meet the needs of Teacher Candidates/Beginning Teachers in Big Picture Planning:
- Abbotsford School District SD34 SD34-Curriculum Unpacking Template fillable
- SD36, Surrey, Building Student Success planning resources and templates
- Delta SD37 Innovative Teaching Framework.
- Download Word Version: Innovative-Teaching-Framework-Ver-6-Two-Pager-linked(1)
- Visit Delta’s ‘ToolKit’ for more resources.
- Maple Ridge- Pitt Meadows SD42 has a well-organized, graphic planning template and explanation of ways to embed core competencies in planning. Download: Big Idea Planning (word doc) template and this doc to explain the new curriculum icons used in the template.
- SD42 has developed a document to embed core competencies in the planning and learning process: SD 42- Competencies (aligns with big ideas planning). The following is an example of a subject area curriculum continuum: BIG ideas & competencies Math Gr 6-9
- SD 43, Coquitlam, download SD43 New Curriculum Planning Guide, this template includes key questions to help make planning more effective.
- SD75 Mission – Curriculum Connections
Universal Design for Learning is a way of planning to support the needs of the varied learners in your classroom. See Universal Design For Learning: Supporting Learning in BC Schools for more information and resources.
These look like they are great resources I would like to investigate, but These links are not working for me, it says error page not found. http://udlresource.ca/?p=1897
Thanks for the heads up. I’ve redirected the broken link to a post about UDL. Will likely add a few more resources there over the next week or so. Cheers – Yvonne