Hey everyone! My name is Sophie and I am in my 4th year majoring in Environment & Sustainability, and minoring in International Relations and Spanish. I am French and US-American and have grown up in both countries (Paris and Chicago). Although we lived in Paris, all of my French family is from the Alpes. My mum and her family are from Germany.

Similarly to some of you, I was in Maria’s translation course (401) last semester. In working with Mosqoy and Raton de Biblioteca, I became captivated with the power of translation and the community that it can create. Additionally, I aspire to speak Spanish fluently one day and believe that working on translations is a great way to strengthen my abilities.

Outside of classes, I love spending time with my family and friends, and being outdoors. I especially love the mountains which is one of the many reasons I am thrilled to be back in Vancouver for my last semester!

I feel so excited and grateful to be a part of the strong team of translators and look forward to meeting and working with all of you! Cheers 🙂