Spanish for Community

From the Classroom to the Community! An Experiential, Community-Based, Service Learning Initiative of the Department of French, Hispanic and Italian Studies (FHIS) at the University of British Columbia (UBC)

Fall 2020 Recap: Thank you to students, volunteers, colleagues, and partners! ¡Gracias!

A big thank you to all of our students, volunteers, partners, liaisons, and supporters. We couldn’t have made it through…

Dear SPAN 401 students: Thank you for all your incredible work! A letter from Ashli, Lisa, & the Mosqoy team

SPAN 401 students will receive certificates and a letter of acknowledgment from Mosqoy for their English-Spanish translation contributions

From Our Students

My name is Madeleine Deis and I am a 5th year sociology major with a Spanish minor here at UBC….

Meet Andrea Atanacio, SPAN 401 Community-Engaged Learning (CEL) Project Translator!

I am glad I decided to take SPAN 401; this course was a great opportunity to learn about the theories…

Meet Eman Al-Sulaiti, SPAN 401 Community-Engaged Learning (CEL) Project Translator!

Initially, I reasoned that the process of translation was most ethically done in a vacuum: free of any emotions that…

Meet Debbie Pierce, SPAN 401 Community-Engaged Learning (CEL) Project Translator!

The community engagement component of this class was one of the reasons why I wanted to take this class. I’ve…

Meet Lorantiya Fernando-Geekiyanage, SPAN 401 Community-Engaged Learning (CEL) Project Translator!

My name is Lorantiya Fernando-Geekiyanage and I am a recent graduate of UBC after majoring in psychology and minoring in…

Meet Madeleine Deis, SPAN 401 Community-Engaged Learning (CEL) Project Translator!

Hello! My name is Madeleine Deis and I am a 5th year sociology major with a Spanish minor here at…

¡Gracias! Thank you, Anshela Paravecino Kehuaracho!

An enormous thank you to Anshela Paravecino Kehuaracho, Peruvian anthropologist and Mosqoy’s Cross-Program Community Facilitator, for visiting the SPAN 401 virtual class….

Upcoming SPAN 401 Workshop: Introduction to Quechua

Photo credit @Mosqoy Visitor alert! Monday, November 16 @ 10am (Vancouver) We are delighted to announce that Anshela Paravecino Kehuaracho,…

© 2021 Spanish for Community. Theme by Anders Norén.