Upcoming Events

A taste for change! “Guacamole for Justice” is an interactive cooking class and discussion about the marginalization, isolation and exploitation often faced…

Events and Volunteer Opportunities – Eventos y voluntariados

2018 – 2019 News and Events OCTOBER – NOVEMBER In preparation for GUACAMOLE FOR JUSTICE ON NOV. 16TH we are…

Current Projects

2018 Mosqoy.org webpage Translation, Spanish 401 integrated project I . Span 401 class, 41 students Course- based project aligned with…

From our volunteers

News from our volunteers 2017-18 My mom always talked to me about the importance of volunteer work, taking a moment…

Featured Volunteer Collaboration

Juliana Kaufmanis, Spanish 206 “I helped out with a computer literacy program for Spanish speakers through the Little Mountain Neighborhood…

About Us / Quiénes somos

ABOUT US spanish.for.community@ubc.ca Spanish for Community is a group of students (undergraduates with different levels of Spanish) coordinated by instructors,…

Contact us / Contacto

Meet the Director  Dr. Maria Carbonetti Department of French, Hispanic and Italian Studies (UBC)   Why participate in Spanish for…

Past projects

From the Classroom to the Community Community Service Learning (CSL) Initiative Projects This initiative,  created and currently coordinated by Dr….

Testimonials from partners

If you are an agency or organization that is interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you….

In Memoriam: Esmeralda

In Memoriam Esmeralda, the gift of your life Gracias por regalarnos tu alegría y tu historia,  te extrañamos.  …

© 2018 Spanish for Community. Theme by Anders Norén.