My name is Eitan and I hail from San Francisco. I’m in the Faculty of Arts and looking forward to possibly majoring in either Linguistics or Psych.

This past semester, I volunteered as a member of the Ratón de Biblioteca (RDB) group, where I gave a couple virtual presentations with the students from the RDB site in Medellín and taught them English, produced a report comparing RDB and a local volunteer organization, and contributed to the translation team’s efforts.

It was a pleasure to participate in the Spanish for Community group. As I’ve mentioned before, I already have had several years of experience tutoring and mentoring children, so signing up to be a member of this group was a given. The fact that we could connect and communicate with the students from Ratón de Biblioteca at the click of a button goes to show amazing technology can be and how they can continue their education despite the pandemic. During both times that Enchie and I led two virtual workshop presentations, the kids were very engaged, asking us many questions and enthusiastically answering our questions to them. I hope they take opportunities like these to continue to learn and grow not just as students, but as individuals. I wish them all the best. 🙂

As for me, I would describe myself as friendly, open-minded, and conscientious. I enjoy playing many types of sports, but love baseball above all. My all-time favorite food is sushi. In my free time, I love to learn languages, take naps, and listen to podcasts.