Invasion Games Reflection

Today our group presented a lesson plan on invasion games to the class. I have to say no matter how times I have presented to a crowd, the feeling of nervousness always seems to find a way to get to you. It wasn’t a sense of nervousness because we were unprepared but rather from the elements of the unknown. We had no idea how people would react to our game (space invaders/prairie dog pick off) because it was a very new game. We were afraid that people might find the instructions too confusing or that they wouldn’t  enjoy the game.

Thankfully, that was not the case as it everyone seemed to enjoy themselves when they participated in the game. I believe team communication and support was a major reason for why the game was so successful. As a group supported each other and remained positive and enthusiastic and I felt everyone else fed off that. Another vital part to our performance was the trust professor McGinley gave us. Instead of stepping in to assist us, he chose to let us to proceed to see what the outcome would be. I think here was a great learning moment for me. There is no way we can control every variable or outcome, sometimes when it comes to doing something new you just have to give it shot, hope for the best, and try your hardest.

2 thoughts on “Invasion Games Reflection”

1. Great post Eric! And you did not seem nervous at all throughout your group teach, you were very composed and seemed very confident. Space invaders was a lot of fun and you guys did a great job explaining/demonstrating/adding variations to the game. I enjoyed how you incorporated space lingo into the warm up before the game, and also how during the cool down, Sam incorporated hoola hoops to tie into the game as well. You guys did a great job and I had a lot of fun!

2. Eric, your group did an amazing job this week during our P.E. class! You had us all engaged and I would never have thought that you were nervous! You all handled yourselves very well, especially during the game! That was the first time I had ever played that game and it was so much fun, I almost did not want it to stop lol I felt like a little kid because of how fun it was! and I loved that it focussed on inclusion, which is a big issue in a lot of elementary schools! However, not a single person was left out and we all felt connected and part of a team! Regardless of our strengths, you all made us feel significant in some way and that is very important! Overall, great instruction and so much fun!