The objective of this module is to introduce you to common methods and new trends in forest pest control and fire management. The aim is to provide you with a solid foundation for understanding forest healthy management by dealing with forest disturbances. After taking this module, you will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles for evaluating forest health.
- Identify methods that can be used as pest control technologies and strategies by following the principle of Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Analyze and determine the key control methods used to successfully control targeted pests or invasive species.
- Discuss new trends of invasive species and explain the driving forces.
- Analyze the relationship between forest fire and climate change.
- Discuss the ecological role of forest fire and strategies to manage it.