Hi all, my name is Paula Poodwan. I am o…

Hi all, my name is Paula Poodwan. I am originally from Bangkok, Thailand and I have lived in Vancouver for almost 10 years . This is my last course in the MET program and I intended to keep it for last hoping that this course will give me some ideas to start up my venture in an online educational training business especially in the area of language training. .

Learning and teaching languages, and travelling the world are always my passion.  I taught Thai and English at a secondary school in Thailand before moving to Canada. ( I didn’t have a chance to teach in Canada). However, I still keep in touch with educators in Thailand and I always go back and facilitate the workshops in the area of teaching and learning English to both students and teachers.

I took the ETEC 590 (Graduating Project) last summer and everyone there was in their last semester and we all said good bye and were ready for graduation.  I feel a bit odd that I am still here taking a course after taking the ETEC 590.  Taking the ETEC 522, however I feel like I am in a new program ; my business background is limited and I don’t feel that I am in my comfort zone taking this course, the language in ETEC 522 doesn’t sound familiar (Elevator pitch, venture pitch etc. ) I don’t have to log in with Vista anymore which I kind of miss the privacy part of it, not like this course that everything we say will be in a public space.  On top of that, the familiar names that I have crossed path with for the past 28 months of my MET journey seem to have all graduated and I only see a few familiar names here so far.  However, I’m glad that I have a chance to meet with new names and I know that I will have the opportunity to learn a lot from this group since this course seems to have the most variety of students more than any other courses I have taken before. Looking forward to working with all of you for the next 13 weeks.

Posted in: Week 01: Introductions