By the end of Module 1, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concept of Sustainable Development;
- Explore diverse thinking in understanding Sustainable Development as a system;
- Specify and differentiate various international and national definitions of Sustainable Forest Management;
- Elaborate on the principle and present the strategies for the use of the principles and criteria and indicators of Sustainable Forest Management;
- Elaborate on Sustainable Forest Management concepts based on Inter-governmental and NGO-based processes and regional and/or country led initiatives; and
- Explain the issues leading to the requirement, albeit voluntary, for practicing Sustainable Forest Management.