Peer Review for Kathryn Simone’s LinkedIn Profile

To: Kathryn Simone

From: Alison Ma

Date: July 11, 2020

Subject: LinkedIn Profile Review

Thank you for completing the LinkedIn Profile assignment. I can see that specific effort is made on your profile creation and involvement with your network. I have reviewed your profile as, please see below:

LinkedIn Peer Review Form

Name of Reviewer: Alison Ma

Name of Reviewee: Kathryn Simone

LinkedIn Profile Headline: Salesforce Software Developer at Groundswell Cloud Solutions

First Impressions

Profile Picture

Your profile picture is bright and easy to look at. You dress professionally and your face is easy to spot. I really like it!

Overall Information Adequacy

Your profile has a lot of key information filled in with rich description in the content.

Conciseness

It is better to align the style of your description: use only point form or sentence to describe your work.

Content

Headline

Your role “Software Developer” is really easy to spot. Salesforce is a very popular software that many business companies are using too. Your headline is concise and differentiates you from other candidates.

Summary

In your summary, you choose to include a brief outline of your title and past experience. That is great, but I would suggest inputting point forms as it is a bit visually messy and hard to read. I would also suggest putting something other than your past experience in your summary because this could be extracted from other areas on your LinkedIn. You could write about your areas of interest or how you come to your current career position.

Experience

You are building your experience step by step, congratulations on your milestone! You are missing a description of your recent role even though you have been working there since September 2019. I am looking forward to reading your contribution to your company. Also, you should highlight what you have achieved instead of what you have done to your employer. Make good use of verbs in your sentences to highlight your achievement that helped the company along with its success.

Education

You have a detailed description of your academic achievement in Queen’s University and the University of British Columbia. Well done! I really like the description of your Computer Science degree as it demonstrates both your academic and social interaction with members in your faculty.

I would put Trailhead by Salesforce under License or Skills instead of Education since Education refers to the proper tertiary education that you have received, not necessarily the courses that you took online.

Volunteer

This section is rich and concise. I would suggest improving some titles, such as for The Door Is Open, you could write “Volunteer – Distributor” instead of “Volunteer” only. Also, you could describe a bit more for “News Reporter” at Queen’s TV, instead of having one short sentence which delivers no information to the reader.

Skills & Endorsement

It is great that you showcased a lot of skills on your LinkedIn and having many connections to endorse your skills.

Language

Grammar

There are minor grammatical mistakes, please see below:

• Behavioural Support Worker, North Vancouver School District #44
    “… liaison between student[s], teacher[s], assisting staff, [a]dapting …”
  • Undergraduate Research Assistant, The University of British Columbia
    “… of the human mind[,] how we understand…”
    “Via puppet shows[,] videos and eye-tracking devices[,] we look for…”
Tone

The overall tone of your LinkedIn Profile is between casual and professional. I would suggest amending some vocabularies, such as:

• adapting à characterizing
  • look for à analyze

Connection

Activeness with the network

There are active likes, comments and periodic shares of posts from your current company’s LinkedIn (Groundswell Cloud Solutions). Great involvement and interaction with your connections. Looking forward to reading some of your insights and thoughts from what you share!

Conclusion and Final Comments

Great job! I enjoyed reading your LinkedIn Profile. You have an impressive number of connections and involvement on LinkedIn. What you could to for a bonus is to add a cover photo! It shows your personality to your network and builds up your profile to make it more unique

A note for you to be mindful, please pay attention to the conciseness of your LinkedIn Profile, use only point forms or sentences in one section. Of course, I would suggest using point forms as it is easier to read. Please also be mindful of your use of punctuation and sentence structure

LinkedIn Peer Review Form

Link to access Kathryn Simone’s LinkedIn Profile