Business Letters

Complaint Letter

Money Dhaliwal
12345 67 ave
Surrey, BC V3R 7W4

July 26, 2020

Amazon Canada Fulfillment Center
450 Derwent Pl
Delta, BC V3M 5Y9

Attention: Customer Service Department
Subject: Late Amazon Prime Deliveries

Amazon has built a great reputation for its customer service and ease of use. I have personally been an Amazon Prime subscriber for 3 years now and have generally received great service. However, I have recently been left dissatisfied with the value of my Prime membership and shopping at Amazon.

On July 2, I ordered a set of door hooks for my closet (Order #12345678). These were set to arrive by July 4, within the 2-day shipping date guaranteed by my Amazon Prime subscription. However, the item arrived on July 7 with no notification of its late arrival. This is one of many late orders this past year which can all be found in the order log on my account.

Additionally, one of the hooks mentioned above arrived broken in the shipping package. It was meant to be installed on a closet door but was left unusable. The hooks were shipped in a paper bag which likely allowed them to be crushed by other packages or mishandling. A box would have been appropriate for this type of item and would have prevented the item from damage.

I am requesting a refund on the hooks (order #12345678) along with compensation on a future order due to the delayed shipping times that have not lived up to the 2-day Prime guarantee.

Best,

Money Dhaliwal

Bad News Adjustment Letter

Amazon Canada Fulfillment Center
450 Derwent Pl
Delta, BC V3M 5Y9

July 26, 2020

Money Dhaliwal
12345 67 ave
Surrey, BC V3R7W4

Dear Mr. Dhaliwal,

Thank you for contacting our customer service department and bringing to attention the delayed deliveries you have received. We greatly appreciate your loyalty to Amazon over the years. After reviewing our records I can clearly see that your most recent delivery (#12345678) did not arrive within the 2-day window. I would like to apologize for not only such an extended delay but also the condition that the package arrived in.

As you may guess, the recent covid-19 situation has greatly affected our supply chains. However, you have likely also been affected and are still paying for our premium services at full price. Hence, you deserve the level of service you pay for. Unfortunately, compensation towards a future order is not something I have the ability to offer.  With that said, I would like to add an additional month of Amazon Prime, free of charge, to your account. I hope you get your value out of this and we are able to provide the service you expect.

The supply chain issues mentioned above have also affected the availability of certain shipping containers. After checking the logs of the warehouse, I can confirm that they were out of regular shipping boxes the day your order was packaged. Although a refund is not possible, for this oversight, I would like to offer you a free exchange with all shipping costs covered. You will be receiving a second email with a printable return slip. Simply drop off the item in its original packaging and printed return slip at a nearby Canada Post. I will make sure that your replacement receives express shipping to reduce your waiting time. If you encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

I hope you continue to use Amazon as your go-to online shopping platform as we keep improving to meet your needs and earn your business. If anything has been left unresolved in your concerns, please feel free to respond.

Sincerely,

John Doe
Customer Satisfaction Manager