Meera’s Complaint Letter to London Drugs #006

Meera Patel

2329 West Mall.

Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4

C: 778-302-3928 E: Meerapatel049@gmail.com

July 27, 2020

London Drugs #006

4970 Kingsway

Burnaby, BC V5H 2E2

P: 604-448-4806

Attention: Store Manager of London Drugs #006

I am writing to file a complaint and a request for the immediate removal of an employee following an incident that occurred in your store. My family and I are regular shoppers in your store for the past 20 years, and London Drugs has become a household brand for us. Your store’s welcoming environment, great value, and an assortment of products have always had us returning for our shopping needs. I also commend your staff for rising-up during the current pandemic to ensure the safety of customers and staff alike. I understand how trying these times are for everyone.

On June 16th, 2020 I purchased a box of Oreo cookies and did not keep the receipt as I had no prior intention of returning it. When I opened them 2 weeks later, they smelled foul, causing me to check the expiry date – this box had expired on March 28th, 2020! On June 30th I returned to the store to obtain a refund, instead, I was subjected to an extremely rude customer service specialist that accused me of returning an old package I must have purchased months ago. As I tried to explain my situation, she talked over me saying “nothing can be done for your carelessness. Just throw them out and move on with your life.” I am deeply hurt by this comment and lack of appreciation for my business. No apology or explanation for having expired products on the London Drugs sales floor was given, and neither was a solution for all the trouble London Drugs caused in wasted time and money.

Please fire this incompetent employee and provide an explanation for how your store will be held accountable for selling expired products. I hope to continue shopping at London Drugs; however, I am prepared to take my business elsewhere if my concerns are not appropriately addressed. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my concerns. I anticipate your response.

Sincerely,

Meera Patel

A long-time customer of London Drugs