LFS TAs, we’re nearing the end of the term already! We hope you’ve all had a great semester.
FYI, the TA Coordinator team has turned over– thank you to Jordy and Alysha for all their work over the past few years!
Your new TA Coordinators, Lexis (she/her; firstname.lastname@example.org) and Steven (he/him; email@example.com) are excited to take over.
We want to hear how your term went! Your feedback helps shape the workshops and resources we offer. Fill out this quick survey: https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aibv6Aea4pcMe46
Speaking of workshops, we also want to let you know about our NEW Advanced TA Skills Certificate Program. Earn a certificate for furthering your skills in TAship and pedagogy!
In order to receive the certificate, you must:
- Be a part of the LFS Faculty
2. Attend 5 independent advanced TA skills training opportunities. Note that 3/5 workshops must be hosted by the LFS TA Training program. The 5 workshops must consist of the following content:
- 3 workshops related to content in teaching fundamentals.
- 1 workshop related to content in equity, diversity and inclusivity (EDI).
- 1 workshop related to teaching pedagogy.
More information about the certificate program can be found here in the LFS TA Info Portal under ‘Resources – TA Handbook, Forms, Training, and Helpful Sites – Training’.
Any questions? Feel free to email us!
Lexis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Steven (email@example.com)