Instructor’s Blog

Instructor’s Blog

Hello, and welcome to my Blog. Below this post you will see previous posts from last semester’s class. This is the first Blog for our class.

Putting You attitude in a Cover Letter

By erikapaterson on August 17, 2020 @6:55 am

Putting YOU attitude into a letter about yourself. It is a difficult task to write an application cover letter ‘selling’ your skills while making the reader’s needs the most important. Rule # 1: Begin by saying something nice about the reader’s

Example of a Peer Review for a Formal Report

By erikapaterson on August 7, 2020 @12:57 pm

Review of  Formal Report- Improving Nightlife, Event, and Party Culture Practices on UBC’s Point Grey Campus Thank you for submitting the formal report: Improving Nightlife, Event, and Party Culture Practices on UBC’s Point Grey Campus. It was an informative and

More Writing Tips for Formal Reports and Peer reviews

By erikapaterson on August 3, 2020 @8:09 am

As I look through the Report drafts, I have found some continuing common errors which are worth providing more examples for correcting to assist with peer reviewing. Avoid BIG CHUNKS of text: organize the report into sections and sub-sections. A

Subject Lines and File Names

By erikapaterson on July 24, 2020 @8:06 am

Subject Lines and File Names Stopping to consider how your document or message or memo will be used  – who is reading and why? — this is your first consideration. Sometimes, I open an incorrectly named attachment and the document does not

Writing a First Draft of a Formal Report

By erikapaterson on July 24, 2020 @7:26 am

When drafting your Formal Report keep in mind the four most common and serious errors: Writing with a negative tone: Avoid the negative. Writing with a demanding tone: Respect your reader, edit out imperative verbs. Writing with unnecessary Pronouns – especially the

Top