I have been teaching at a full-time capacity at the University of British Columbia since 2008 as a Lecturer, Instructor since 2014, and as of 2019 as a Senior Instructor (tenured) in the Department of Art History, VISA and Theory. This site highlights in breadth and depth my achievements over the years, separated in the following sections.
This section explains my role in Visual Art curriculum development, and my influence and impact through projects outside of the classroom.
- Curriculum Development
- Experiential Learning
- Teaching Assistant Training
- Intuition Commons
- Flipped/Blended Classroom
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Teaching and Learning Grants
This section contextualizes my work in the classroom including pedagogical initiatives, and focuses on a selection of my teaching tactics for active learning, the use of technology, collaboration and reflection. The section also features student work as outcomes of my practices.
- Teaching Practices
- Sample Course: VISA 110 “Foundation Studio: Digital Arts”
- Sample Course: VISA 375 “Artists in Society”
- Sample Course: VISA 480 “Advanced Seminar I” Topic: Nothing
This section outlines service contributions in the department, at the University and in the community:
- In the Department of Art History, Visual Art and Theory
- At the University of British Columbia
- For the Community
2019 © Christine D’Onofrio