There are three core competencies (Communication, Thinking, and Personal & Social) in the current British Columbia curriculum, each of which is further expressed through sub-competencies. Below are links to booklists for each of the seven sub-competencies:
Personal and Social
- Positive Personal & Cultural Identity
- Personal Awareness and Responsibility
- Social Awareness and Responsibility
Finding More Resources
To find more resources in this area, try the following:
- Search using the General tab on the UBC Library website to look for material in all UBC Library branches.
- Search using “Search Education Resources” box in the left hand bar on the Education Library website to limit your results to materials in the Education Library.
- Use specific search terms to narrow your results, such as “core competencies”, “core competency”, “creative thinking”, “critical thinking”, “identity”, “cultural identity”, or “social responsibility”.
- To find lesson plans, include “lesson plans”, “lesson planning”, or “activity programs” in your search terms.
For more help with searching, please visit the Library Service Desk or e-mail email@example.com.
Photo credit: http://jjewell.yukonschools.ca/core-competencies.html