Peer Review for Cody Gagnon

To: Cody Gagnon
From: Geneviève Bolduc
Date: June 9, 2020
Subject: Review of Agile Definitions

I have reviewed your definitions of agile methodology. You have done a great job of consolidating a nuanced and informative picture of the tenets of this approach. It was a clear read from start to finish. You also set specific expectations as to your purpose and audience that set the tone for the document. I would like to offer the following suggestions:

LANGUAGE: The language you use is jargon-free and comprehensible for the most part. There is an instance of word usage that may be worth specifying. One may not immediately be able to distinguish whether ceremonies are meant to be events or meetings or something else altogether, especially since the term is normally used for celebrations like weddings and graduations.  An additional line on this may provide your audience with a clearer picture.

DUPLICATION: Your sentence definition and expanded definition re-use the same Atlassian definition. There is no use in reading the same sentence twice. Perhaps you can reword it in the expanded definition, or eliminate it altogether?

COMPARISON: One of your headlines in the expanded definition refers to “other approaches to project management.” However, you only compare it to one approach. Perhaps this title could use revision. Also, being familiar with and having worked in an agile environment, this section of your definition would be a great opportunity to inform your audiences that agile was developed as a response to these limitations. Your audience may be able to read this between the lines but it is never a bad idea to spell it out. On that note, your definitions are completely in line with my prior knowledge of agile which speaks to your exactitude in your research.

VISUALS: Your images of the different approaches are well selected and help solidify the differences between the different models you have laid out. I wonder if there is a way to make your headings as visually pleasing as the rest of your document. Currently, the sizing of the headings feels a little disproportionate to the size of the body font.

ORGANIZATION: You have clearly labelled and outlined each section. I was able to identify some of the tenets of the expanded definitions clearly such as “how does it work”, “what are its parts”, and “how does it differ from something else”. This is key information that you brought to life in your document. My only note in terms of organization is that it ends abruptly. It may be worth having a small conclusion that summarizes your explanation or ties it in to the bigger picture.

Overall, your document provides a strong picture of agile methodology. You have made a difficult concept accessible and that is the biggest strength of your definitions. There is no singular area that requires a lot of work, only a series of small edits. I hope that for this, my recommendations have been helpful. If you need any further clarification, do not hesitate to reach out.