Peer Review for Zhe Su

To: Zhe Su, ENGL 301 Student
From: Di Fei Su, ENGL 301 Student
Date: June 9, 2020
Subject: Review of Unit 1:3  Technical Definition Assignment

I have carefully reviewed your first draft of technical definitions assignment. Thank you for your time and effort to provide explanation of SWOT Analysis to us. Your work has been informative, clear and concise, but there are rooms for improvements I kindly suggest in the following:

Purpose and Audience: Although you have identified the term at your introduction paragraph, but you haven’t noted the purpose of this assignment and whom the target audiences are. More explicitly, you need to specify a situation which you explain your technical term to, such as you are explaining this term to a Commerce student with certain knowledge of basic marketing terms.

Organization: In the expanded definition, I was able to identify four strategies you have used, historical, analysis of parts, visuals and  operating principle. Your flow of explanation was clear and straightforward, but it will be better if subtitles are bolded to have a clear overview of the entire assignment.

Comprehensibility: I found your definitions are easy to understand with simple and basic terms for audience with no relevant background. But I recommend using more examples to elaborate some applications that we can use in life to improve our daily life/business planning. For example, you mentioned we can use SWOT Analysis to trip planning. How you would use such methodology in your trip planning? Moreover, I have discovered you haven’t provide explanation to bullet points listed under each colored bars around the table, “internal”, “external”, “positive” and “negative” fields.

Visuals: The image your presented is well labelled with text stating as Table 1, but the layout of the image can be aligned to the center with the label under to have a better visual presentation to audience. In addition, the image is slightly blurry with small text fonts. For improvement, I highly recommend to search for alternative table with more visually clear fonts.

Layout: From the entire post layout, I highly recommend you highlight key points of specific titles/terms to organize your paragraphs into different sections. The use of bolded fonts would make titles stand out and allow readers to have a clear overview of the entire post. In addition, the use of bullet points or numbered list can systematically present the features of your table aesthetically.

Works Cited: Your works cited section has followed the MLA principles without any errors or issues.

Overall, your assignment provides definitions for SWOT Analysis with easy understanding terms in an informative, concise and simple way. I hope my recommendations would be helpful for you to improve and present such term in a perfect form to your target audience. Thank you for your effort and time, I have learnt a new strategy that I can use to my future work planning. Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you have any questions you would like to ask regarding this review.

Link: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-98a-2020sa/2020/06/06/SWOT-Analysis