Research Proposal Memo

MEMORANDUM

To: Dr. Erika Paterson

From: Max Foran

Date: June 19, 2020

Subject: Posting of Research Proposal

This memo serves to inform you of the posting of my research proposal as per the assignment schedule. I would appreciate your feedback on my proposal.

The subject of my proposal centers around the possibility of transitioning the workforce to remote collaboration. I believe that I’ve identified an inefficiency within corporations as they often find themselves paying expensive rents to occupy downtown office buildings. The question, however, is whether this kind of cost is necessary as it seems that the same standard of business operations could be preserved within a remote workforce. In my particular report, I focus on CIBC Wood Gundy, a full-service investment brokerage, as I’ve had direct experience working there over the past three years.

My proposal includes:

• Background information on the current transition to a remote workforce due to COVID-19
  • Description of the problem of high rent costs
  • Proposed solution
  • Scope of the study
  • Methods of data collection
  • My qualifications

You can find an attached copy of my proposal below. I look forward to your review of my proposal and whether you view it as a suitable topic for this assignment.

Thank you for your help.

301 Report Proposal