Peer Review of Money’s LinkedIn Profile

ENGL 301 Peer Review Form: LinkedIn Profile

Name of Reviewer: Aran Chang

Author of LinkedIn Profile: Money Dhaliwal

Date: July 8, 2020

Hello Money,

Below is my review of your profile, as requested by the course assignments. Additionally, I have linked the pdf template that I created to review your profile below. I hope my review can be of use to bettering your LinkedIn profile!

First Impressions:

Your profile is very clean and easy to read. Your profile picture is professional and welcoming, and your summary is clean, concise and grammatically sound. Lastly, you’re consistent with your professional tone throughout all of the sections. Well done!

Profile Picture:

Your profile picture is clear and focused on you. It is good that your profile picture only consists of your face and upper body, as it allows viewers to have a clearer picture if what you look like, and more importantly, how you present yourself. Your attire is professional and formal (suit), and there is a lack of excess clutter or noise in the picture.

Summary:

The beginning of your summary is quite plain and generic. It is often that I read “I am X year in X program.” I recommend exploring and putting your more personal hobbies first. For example, I may study English as my major at UBC, but I also write in my spare time, and aim to create a full story module for Dungeons and Dragons. It shows the reader that you are human, with your own interests, beyond the professional scope. Besides your profile’s engagement aspect, it is very clear and concise, providing good extensive details on your accomplishments and future goals. However, I recommend providing additional details regarding your strengths and weaknesses as it shows viewers that you are aware of your limitations and abilities. Additionally, you should comment on your weaknesses and provide feedback on how you plan to overcome them. This shows that you are aware of your shortcomings, and is able to adapt. Lastly, good use of professional tone throughout the summary.

Experiences and Education:

Excellent job showcasing your education and experience sup to date. You have properly listed and provided information regarding each experience; however, I recommend using the description section for your previous and current places of employment. This will give you an opportunity to highlight what you have gained from these experiences.

Skills:

You have highlighted your skills well here well to show reflect your previous experience and current career goals. However, I recommend broadening your range of skills to better reflect skills that are not directly linked to your experiences and education. For example, organization, time management, leadership, flexibility and adaptability are all very important skills to have for the future, which are not directly cultivated in any specific experience. It would be beneficial to reflect upon your experiences and listing additional skills that may not seem direct to you.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, really good job Money! Your LinkedIn profile is presented professionally, and makes of the areas provided to paint a good picture of you. Your profile is clear and welcoming, using a consistent professional tone throughout. However, I found your profile lacking in personal awareness. I recommend reflecting on your experiences and evaluation how they have affected and equipped you for the future. I hope that these suggestions will help you with your profile!

Money’s LinkedIn Profile

ENGL 301 LinkedIn Peer Review Template – Aran Chang