Business Letters – Complaint & Bad News Adjustment

Complaint Letter

Zhe Su
1611 W. 61st Avenue
Vancouver, BC
V6P 2C2
Canada
Phone: 778 891 9181
Email: zhesu@gmail.com

July 27, 2020

HARMAN Services, Incorporate Ltd
636 Ellis St,
Mountain View, CA 94043
United States
Phone: 800 422 8027
Email: support@harman.com

Dear Customer Service Department,

I’ve recently purchased a Soho Wireless Headset from your website on June 27, 2020, which I received on July 6, 2020. The order number is HK-US00511073.

After receiving the headset, I’ve attempted numerous times to charge it, using either the cord that was provided, as well as my own USB charging cables. I would leave the headset charging for well over 8 hours. As soon as I unplug it from the charging station however, it would only work for about 30 seconds before shutting off. Once I re-plug the headset back to the charging cable, the charging symbol would light up red, indicating that the headset is completely drained of batteries.

Is there any other solution you would recommend for me to be able to successfully charge the headsets? Would it be possible for me to exchange my headset or refund them, as it is not realistic for me to use them with the cord attached constantly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Zhe Su

Bad News Adjustment Letter

HARMAN Services, Incorporate Ltd
636 Ellis St,
Mountain View, CA 94043
United States
Phone: 800 422 8027
Email: support@harman.com

July 27, 2020

Zhe Su
1611 W. 61st Avenue
Vancouver, BC
V6P 2C2
Canada
Phone: 778 891 9181

Dear Ms. Su,

Thank you for reaching Harman Audio.

I appreciate the effort you did to isolate the issue of your HK Soho, since you’ve done most of troubleshooting process I would just like to recommend that we can also do the following:

• Use a different cord to charge your device because sometimes a cord with tripped wires can’t supply an enough power to the device.
  • Check if the device has a visible bent pins or broken pin since it will not accept a full surge if so.

Since the device is acting oddly despite of being a new device, we would like to express our apologies since we don’t expect this kind of behavior from our well designed products. Hence, please confirm the following so I can proceed on sending you a new set of headphones.

• Shipping address (PO/APO Box not allowed)
  • Phone number

Thank you and I’ll look forward to hear more from you.

Regards,

Gem
Customer Support
Harman Lifestyle Division