Letter Delivering Bad News

Leslie Smith, Director of Retail Operations
Vancouver Aquarium
PO Box 3232
Vancouver, BC V6B 3X8

July 27, 2020

Cody Gagnon
123 My Street
Vancouver, BC V6T 1A1

Dear Cody Gagnon:

Thank you for notifying us of this error. I am sorry that you did not receive the Vancouver Aquarium & Whitecaps Facemask – Size Large in your order. I would also like to apologize for the length of time your order took to fulfill.

Thanks to people like you, the Vancouver Aquarium has been overwhelmed by orders for facemasks. To date, we have sold more than 130,000 facemasks and we have re-opened local factories to meet the tremendous demand.

Unfortunately, the Vancouver Aquarium is not able to issue a refund for your purchase, but I will personally ensure that the error in your order will be corrected. A Vancouver Aquarium & Whitecaps Facemask – Size Large will be shipped to you shortly. In addition, I would like to offer you free admission to the Vancouver Aquarium for two adults and two children (enclosed).

Thank you for your patience and support. Your purchase will help to ensure that the Vancouver Aquarium will be able to continue conserving the ocean, educating the public, conducting research, and rescuing animals.

Sincerely,

Leslie Smith
Director of Retail Operations
Vancouver Aquarium
1-800-663-0562
shop@vanaqua.org

Encl. Free admission to the Vancouver Aquarium for two adults and two children