Anne Beaumaster – Today’s Learner

child with notebook sit blue sky

Hello! My name is Anne Beaumaster and I live in Conception Bay South, Newfoundland. Although I am originally from New Brunswick, my family as lived in Newfoundland for 18 years and consider it our home. I currently teach kindergarten to 29 “little learners”. I am also a mother of 2 boys and a wife to a wonderful husband for 23 years. I am new to the MET program and am looking forward to working with everyone.

I chose this image because it shows how technology has changed the learner of today. Children have been exposed to so many types of technology that they learn differently. A teacher’s role has changed from one where we stand in front of the classroom and provide students with information. Younger children are exposed to such technology as: texting, laptops, tablets, social networking, gaming, etc. We cannot possibly ignite a spark in a student in the 21st century the traditional way. They already have an abundance of information at their fingertips. As educators, we need to provide them with a variety of learning technologies, give direction and ask the important questions in the hope that they ignite their own spark.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.