Creating Accessible TEXT

Howdy, Hello, and Ahoy-hoy!

My name is Jerry Mah and ETEC 540 will be my seventh course in my journey through MET. I am also taking ETEC 531 (Cultural and New Media Studies) this term. I currently reside in Calgary, AB. These two courses will tie nicely with my work in a recent course (ETEC 532: Technology in the Arts and Humanities).

INFO

INFO (c) bobafred, CC BY-NC-ND 2.0

For the purposes of this introduction, I found this picture to be perfect for conveying my desire to make knowledge more accessible. The abbreviation of information, coupled with Braille characters provided an interesting visual combination. In my eyes, it provides a different dimension of accessibility – one which the majority of us do not typically consider for accessing text. Further to this, how are we as educators making knowledge accessible, even if one can “visualize” it? One of our primary communication mediums is through print – text. It is my hope that this class will bring new layers to my understanding in the areas of writing, reading, and technology.

My current work involves supporting schools with a number of initiatives. In the past, I have taught a wide variety of core classes, along with complementary classes in: film studies, building construction, industrial technologies, and robotics at the middle/junior school level.

Thanks for reading my introduction. I look forward to learning with you all,

-Jerry

About jmah

I've taught a wide variety of subjects at the middle/jr. high level. Most recently, I've specialized in the area of Industrial Technologies (Robotics, CAD/CAM-CNC, Electronics, etc.) I currently reside in Calgary, Alberta.
This entry was posted in Introductions. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Creating Accessible TEXT