Telling Stories in many different web 2.0 languages

Ever since I started my MET, I have had the pleasure of experimenting with a wide range of story-telling web 2.0 tools. I was happy to see that this was one of our Rip.Mix.Feed activity options, as I feel I have had the opportunity to use several of the tools available and I wanted to share my favourites here.

One of the first story-telling tools I used that integrates images, audio and text was PhotoPeach. I used it to create a digital story about me for ETEC565:

Going Places by Sheza Naqi

Another story-telling tool worth mentioning here is MyBrainShark.com

I used the site to create a presentation on Open Education Resources for ETEC522 that allowed me to upload my PowerPoint presentation and add audio and a voice-over to it.

Open Education Resources – An Environmental Analysis

Just this week I used XtraNormal for the first time to create an animated video for ETEC512. This has to be one of my favourite story-telling tools now. I especially love the fact that some of the character sets are updated often and that you can record your own voice for the characters. I actually bought an educator subscription for the site after completing my video – I know my students will love it 🙂

And last but not least my favourite find – the Prezi tool. Who knew zooming in and out could be so much fun!? 😉

Here’s the link to a “story” I made at the end of ETEC532 that was a reflection on my learning in the course: My MET Brain, version 5.3.2

This entry was posted in Rip.Mix.Feed. and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Telling Stories in many different web 2.0 languages