Novel Writing… Live!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPZ5CY9KoM[/youtube]

I was holding off for some sort of e-divine inspiration to strike me so that I could make my post on technology. It didn’t really happen, but this is what came to me in the last day:

I was thinking about a story I’d heard, of how people are doing studies with gorillas or chimps (some kind of simian) using iPads. Long story short, they can use them somewhat. I’m not too surprised – I’ve seen them and other animals work with human symbols before (Maybe the bigger question is why bother?). Then I started thinking about how I thought at the start of this course that technology is tools… and that, the best ones, perhaps, are the most usable – in that different cultures could use them for their intended purpose or something else. So… something like an iPad is an awesome tool, but maybe not as important as a pointed stick, if you catch my train of thought.

Somehow, in my mind’s strained technological ramblings, I thought of Monty Python and their novel writing sketch. It’s the audio sketch posted above. Essentially, Thomas Hardy is penning “The Return of the Native”, live, in front of an audience, and it’s being commentated as a sporting event. I serve it to you as my example of how a technology (writing) maybe be thought of in different ways, done in different venues, done for different purposes, etc. It’s a good example of writing about, well, writing.

This entry was posted in Technology and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Novel Writing… Live!