scoop.it

I have decided to explore and create a profile on a scoop.it to showcase the different resources that I have found. I found this site originally through a search for some of the more commonly used web 2.0 apps for education and I was looking for something to collect a mass amount of links, contacts and information. I have found that this is nice as it gives you the opportunity to quickly sort through information and choose to discard what is not relevent, look further into information that looks interesting and also allows you to “scoop” and save it for your future reading.

Scoop.it is also able to link with your twitter, facebook, linkedin, and wordpress accounts to automatically update with what you have been finding. This is nice in that it allows you to share with your PLN’s and others in order to share new ideas and resources. My first board can be found at http://www.scoop.it/t/k-hemsing-ed-tech

This entry was posted in Rip.Mix.Feed.. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to scoop.it

1. Deborah S says:

Kenton,
    What a great resource! I can definitely see its value for resource sharing within my department and school.

Thanks!
    Deborah

2. I like the look of this. Kind of like pintrest, but much more organized.

3. cmck says:

That’s a coincidence. I’ve just started using it yesterday. It does have good potential, but at the same time, I can see it’s downfall is that it’s another place for people to have to remember to check. Even though it’s quite useful, I don’t know if people will want to put yet another social network on their rounds. It doesn’t stop me from trying though.

Thanks,

Chris