Dream Islands Exhibition. Ceramics by Lari Robson and mobile by Vanessa Brown. Courtesy of Nanaimo Art Gallery and Sean Fenzl.
2016-2017 – Curatorial Intern, Nanaimo Art Gallery
- Assisted with the development and research of 7 gallery exhibitions and public programs alongside Nanaimo Art Gallery Curator, Jesse Birch.
- Co-curated Dream Islands/Island Dreams exhibition and public program with Jesse Birch.
- Independently organized LIT LIT LIT LIT: Nanaimo at Nanaimo Art Gallery’s ArtLab, featuring readings by 4 established and emerging writers.
- Copyedited promotional materials and publications. Assisted with design and production.
- Performed exhibition installation of artworks and archival materials in a public gallery setting.
- Generated shipping and condition reports.
- Documented gallery programming (photography and audio recordings).
- Assisted with the acquisition and accessioning of the Diane Carr Pottery Collection into the NAG’s Permanent Art
- Assisted with photo-documentation of the NAG’s Permanent Art Collection.
- Wrote grants and final reports.
- Performed project budget management.
- Developed relationships with staff, key stakeholders, attendees, and community members.