Nanaimo Art Gallery
Posted by EMMAMETCALFEHURST in Collection, Contemporary art, Curatorial, Event, Gallery, Writing
Dream Islands Exhibition. Ceramics by Lari Robson and mobile by Vanessa Brown. Courtesy of Nanaimo Art Gallery and Sean Fenzl.
2016-2017 – Curatorial Intern, Nanaimo Art Gallery
- Assisted with the development and research of 7 gallery exhibitions and public programs alongside Nanaimo Art Gallery Curator, Jesse Birch.
- Co-curated Dream Islands/Island Dreams exhibition and public program with Jesse Birch.
- Independently organized LIT LIT LIT LIT: Nanaimo at Nanaimo Art Gallery’s ArtLab, featuring readings by 4 established and emerging writers.
- Copyedited promotional materials and publications. Assisted with design and production.
- Performed exhibition installation of artworks and archival materials in a public gallery setting.
- Generated shipping and condition reports.
- Documented gallery programming (photography and audio recordings).
- Assisted with the acquisition and accessioning of the Diane Carr Pottery Collection into the NAG’s Permanent Art
- Assisted with photo-documentation of the NAG’s Permanent Art Collection.
- Wrote grants and final reports.
- Performed project budget management.
- Developed relationships with staff, key stakeholders, attendees, and community members.