Posted by EMMAMETCALFEHURST in Archives, Collection, Curatorial, Media, Performing arts, Writing
Western Front A/V Archives. Courtesy of Western Front. Photograph by Kristy Waller.
2017-2018 – Archives and Media Intern, Western Front
- Developed the web-based archival research project Acts of Transfer: Performance Art in the Western Front Archive; featuring 65 newly digitized performance artworks by women-identifying artists in the Western Front archives from 1975-2006. Curated a selection of works and generated new descriptions for the works on the project website/archives.
- Digitized audio-visual materials including: 6” Open Reel, Umatic SP, Mini DV.
- Updated permissions for use and access documentation for digitized performance works of 65 artists.
- Organized, described, and developed storage for WF poster collection. Conducted metadata entry into database.
- Performed administration and project development assistance for Elisa Ferrari’s lilithlithlith Artist Residency in Western Front’s Media Arts Department.
- Developed relationships with staff, artists, and archival community.