Peer Review of Glen Kavaliunas

To: Glen Kavaliunas, ENGL 301 Student

From: Cathy Liu, ENGL 301 Student

Date: July 10, 2020

Subject: LinkedIn Peer Review

Dear Glen,

Thank you for completing your LinkedIn profile. I enjoyed reading over your skills and experience and appreciated how professional your profile is. Below is my peer review of your profile.

Initial Impressions

Your profile is nicely filled out with lots of information given under the sections of skills and experiences. On first glance, the reader can see a nice, clear profile picture which leaves a good first impression. You have a lot of connections which also looks professional and shows you have a large network. 

Profile Photo

Your photo is clear and high quality so that you are easily identifiable. It is professional looking while also showcasing your friendly demeanor. I noticed the background is also out of focus so that you are more prominent in the photo – it is a nice touch. 

Summary

You have a very impressive About section on your profile. You list all your skills efficiently and categorize them as well. 

• There is one grammatical mistake in your sentence here: “My industry specific skills include skills include Linux systems.” You accidentally wrote “include skills” twice here. 
  • Furthermore, in this sentence here – “I am looking to connect and network with other in the business,” other should be plural. 

Experience & Education

You present all the needed information here, from the date to the location. It is clearly presented and the most relevant experience is placed at the top. This is also done for you section on Education, your information is placed in the appropriate descending order according to relevance. 

In terms of what I would suggest, perhaps providing more information under your current job would be helpful for the viewer. Since it is most relevant to your field of interest, letting readers know the skills and what you do at your work would be beneficial. 

License & Certifications

These are valuable skills that are easy for possible recruiters to look through to determine quickly if you have skills needed for a certain position. The ones you have listed are nicely detailed.

Skills

Your skills section is very impressive! It is incredibly thorough and clearly well thought out. Your skills section also nicely match with other information you presented such as your education, work, and about sections. I also immediately noticed the skill endorsement you have – it stands out nicely. 

Accomplishments

This section here is a little bare compared to the rest of your profile, so perhaps you could find things to add here. Perhaps any completed courses or projects from your previous education experiences (or current) could be added.

Conclusion

Overall, it is clear you have spent a lot of time polishing and adding to your LinkedIn profile. Your information is well organized and informative to the viewer. You have impressive skills and they are displayed in the best manner. There were only minor changes I could suggest.

To summarize, here are the minor changes I suggested:

• Editing your summary for the grammatical errors I pointed out 
  • Including information under your experience as an Accounting Technician 
  • Working on your accomplishments section 

Thank you for sharing your completed LinkedIn profile. It was very impressive for me to read. There were not many changes I could add, but I hope these small ones will help you polish your profile even further. If you need any clarifications, do not hesitate to reach out to me.

URL for Glen’s LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/glen-kavaliunas/

301-Cathy-Liu-LinkedIn-Peer-Review-Template