Research Foucs

Language, links individuals to their culture and helps them to associate with and belong to their community. Many Aboriginals have lost touch with their culture due to the injustice they faced. The English language was encouraged as the right language for them to adopt. Society no longer forces Aboriginals to conform to ‘Western’ ideals and customs; thus, allowing for Aboriginals to re-embrace their culture. Various aboriginal dialogues are extinct and others are in danger of extinction. It has become difficult to keep dialects thriving due to the differing lifestyles many Aboriginals lead. Numerous individuals no longer live in communities with their relatives and are not able see them as often. Hence, they may not have access to the knowledge elders could impart to them or have minimal exposure to their native languages.

My research will focus on Indigenous Language Revitalization and how technology can be used as a tool to assist in helping educate modern day Aboriginals who are trying to find a balance between cultivating their culture and the way in which society functions.

The websites I highlight will assist in my research because they will focus on Indigenous languages resources and initiatives employed to rejuvenate Indigenous culture.

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.