Gene Moo Lee is an Assistant Professor of Information Systems in Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia. He holds Ph.D. and M.A. in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin. He received his B.S. in Computer Science and Mathematics from Korea University.
His research interests are in Big Data Analytics with the applications on mobile ecosystems, social media, e-commerce, and cybersecurity. Methodologically, he uses machine learning, text mining, deep learning, network analysis, econometrics, and field experiments. His works appeared in premier MIS journals including MIS Quarterly, Journal of Management Information Systems, and Journal of Cybersecurity and top-tier CS and MIS conferences including ICIS, CIST, HICSS, WEIS, PAM, EC, INFOCOM, IMC among others.
From 2015 to 2017, he was an Assistant Professor of Information Systems at the University of Texas at Arlington. From 2005 to 2010, he held various industry positions at Samsung Electronics, AT&T, Intel, and Goldman Sachs. He holds 10 patents in mobile technology. His Erdos number is 3.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, The University of Texas at Austin, 2015.
- M.A., Computer Science, The University of Texas at Austin, 2006.
- B.S., Computer Science and Mathematics, Korea University, 2004.
- Lead Developer, SpamRankings.net, 2013–current.
- Co-Founder/CTO, Topic Technologies (Gust profile), 2014–2016.
- Research Engineer, Samsung Electronics DMC R&D Center, 2008–2010.
- Research Staff, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology, 2006–2008.
- Research Intern, Narus, Summer 2012.
- Research Intern, AT&T Labs — Research, Summer 2011.
- Software Engineering Intern, Intel Corporation, Spring 2011.
- Summer Analyst, Goldman Sachs, Summer 2005.
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Phone: 604-827-4459
- Office Address: HA 372, 2053 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z2, Canada
- Web Address: https://blogs.ubc.ca/genemoolee