Home

Gene Moo Lee (이진무)
Assistant Professor of Information Systems

[UBC Profile] [LinkedIn]

Note for prospective students and postdoc researchers.

I am an Assistant Professor of Information Systems in Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia. I received Ph.D. and M.A. in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin and B.Sc. in Computer Science and Mathematics from Korea University.

My research interests are in Business Analytics, which is to assist decision makers to conduct timely decisions by analyzing structured and unstructured data and to measure the causal effect of the actions on the performance. In terms of the topics, I am interested in Mobile Ecosystems, Social Media, E-Commerce, and Cybersecurity. Methodologically, I use Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Network Analysis, Econometrics, and Field Experiments. I am a researcher at AI@UBC.

My works have appeared or are forthcoming in top-tier journals such as MIS Quarterly, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Cybersecurity, and Journal of Business Ethics. I also actively publish in top-tier CS and MIS conferences including ICIS, CIST, HICSS, WEIS, PAM, EC, INFOCOM, and IMC among others.

From 2015 to 2017, I was an Assistant Professor of Information Systems at the University of Texas at Arlington. From 2005 to 2010, I held various industry positions at Samsung Electronics, AT&T, Intel, and Goldman Sachs. I hold 11 patents in mobile technology. My Erdos number is 3.

Education:
Industry Experiences:
Contact Information: