Home

Gene Moo Lee (이진무)
Assistant Professor of Information Systems
UBC Sauder School of Business
[Curriculum Vitae] [UBC Profile] [LinkedIn] [Biography]

Hello, World! My name is Gene Moo Lee, and I am an Assistant Professor of Information Systems in Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia. I received a Ph.D. and M.A. in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin and a B.Sc. in Computer Science and Mathematics from Korea University.

My research program is to advance business analytics using AI approaches: (1) to develop novel analytics methods using AI (machine learning, computer vision, NLP), (2) to use the analytics framework to derive theoretical insights from data-intensive platforms (e.g., social media, mobile app market, and e-commerce), and (3) to mitigate IT risks using analytics. My research papers are published in top-tier journals such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of MIS, and Journal of Business Ethics. I received the AIS Early Career Award in 2019. I am a member of the UBC AI Research Centre (CAIDA).

Previously, I was an Assistant Professor of Information Systems at the University of Texas at Arlington (2015-2017). I also held various industry positions: Canada Energy Regulator (data science consultant; 2019-ongoing), Topic Technologies (co-founder/CTO; 2014-2016), Samsung Electronics (research staff; DMC R&D Center 2008-2010; SAIT 2006-2008), Narus (research intern; 2012), AT&T (research intern; 2011), Intel (S/W engineering intern; 2011), and Goldman Sachs (summer analyst; 2005). From the work at Samsung, I filed 10+ patents in mobile technologies, and my Erdos number is 3.

Note for prospective students and postdoc researchers.

Contact Information: