My research is to advance Business Analytics using Artificial Intelligence approaches (e.g., NLP, computer vision, machine learning, deep learning) thereby creating value from big data in the data-intensive platforms (e.g., mobile, social media) and mitigating associated risks (e.g., cybersecurity, misinformation).
Refereed Journal Publications (N=9) (* equal contribution)
- Kwark Y*, Lee GM*, Pavlou PA*, Qiu L* (2021) On the Spillover Effects of Online Product Reviews on Purchases: Evidence from Clickstream Data, Information Systems Research, 32(3): 895-913.
- Shin D, He S, Lee GM, Whinston AB, Cetintas S, Lee KC (2020) Enhancing Social Media Analysis with Visual Data Analytics: A Deep Learning Approach, MIS Quarterly 44(4): 1459-1492. [Literature on visual data analytics]
- Zhuang V, Choi Y, He S, Leung ACM, Lee GM, Whinston AB (2020) Understanding Security Vulnerability Awareness, Firm Incentives, and ICT Development in Pan-Asia, Journal of Management Information Systems 37(3): 668-693.
- Lee GM, He S, Lee J, Whinston AB (2020) Matching Mobile Applications for Cross-Promotion, Information Systems Research 31(3): 865-891.
- Song R, Kim H, Lee GM, Jang S (2019) Does Deceptive Marketing Pay? The Evolution of Consumer Sentiment Surrounding a Pseudo-Product-Harm Crisis, Journal of Business Ethics 158(3): 743-761.
- Park S, Lee GM, Kim YE, Seo J (2018) Development of Topic Trend Analysis Model for Industrial Intelligence using Public Data, Journal of Technology Innovation 26(4): 199-232. [Research demo site]
- Lee GM*, Qiu L*, Whinston AB* (2016) A Friend Like Me: Modeling Network Formation in a Location-Based Social Network, Journal of Management Information Systems 33(4): 1008-1033.
- He S*, Lee GM*, Han S, Whinston AB (2016) How Would Information Disclosure Influence Organizations’ Outbound Spam Volume? Evidence from a Field Experiment, Journal of Cybersecurity 2(1): 99-118. [Experiment website]
- Shi Z, Lee GM, Whinston AB (2016) Toward a Better Measure of Business Proximity: Topic Modeling for Industry Intelligence, MIS Quarterly 40(4): 1035-1056. [Research demo site]
- My co-authors and I regularly present papers in IS conferences such as CIST, ICIS, WITS, KrAIS, and HICSS. Before switching to the IS field, I used to publish papers in CS conference proceedings.
Working Papers (N=6) (* equal contribution)
- Park S, Lee GM, Shin D, Han SP (2021) Targeting Pre-Roll Ads using Video Analytics, Reject and Resubmit, Management Science. [Decision: July 23, 2021]
- Song V, Cavusoglu H, Lee GM, Ma MLZ (2021) IT Risk and Stock Price Crashes, Reject and Resubmit, Information Systems Research. [Decision: Aug 24, 2021]
- Han K, Choi JH, Choi Y, Lee GM, Whinston AB (2021) Security Defense against Long-term and Stealthy Cyberattacks, Under Review. [Submitted: May 23, 2021]
- Schulte-Althoff M, Schewina K., Lee GM, Fürstenau D. (2021) On the Heterogeneity of Startup Tech Stacks, Working Paper [Latest version: May 20, 2021]
- Koh Y, Lee GM, Lee GM (2021) Price Competition and Inactive Search, Working Paper. [Latest version: June 16, 2021]
- Lee GM*, Naughton J*, Zheng X*, Zhou D* (2020) Predicting Litigation Risk via Machine Learning, Working Paper. [Latest version: Dec 1, 2020]
- 2021: HKUST, Saarland, Maryland, Korea Univ, American Univ, Kyung Hee, Chung-Ang, NUS, Tennesse Chattanooga, Rochester, KAIST
- 2020: Rutgers, UBC Commerce Scholars Program, UBC Sauder, Univ of Washington, AKCSE Young Generation Forum
- 2019: UBC AI Research Centre (CAIDA), Simon Fraser
- 2018: UBC Information School, Rutgers, Arizona State, Korea Univ, Korea Insurance Research Institute (KIRI)
- 2017: Univ of North Texas, UT Arlington, Consulate General of Republic of Korea, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI)
- 2016: UT Arlington, SKKU, Korea Univ, Hanyang, Kyung Hee, Chung-Ang, Yonsei, Seoul National, Kyungpook National, UBC Sauder
- 2015: KAIST
- 2014: Notre Dame, Temple, UC Irvine, Indiana, UT Dallas, Minnesota, UT Arlington