Han, Kookyoung, Jin Hyuk Choi, Yunsik Choi, Gene Moo Lee, Andrew B. Whinston (2023) Security Defense against Long-term and Stealthy Cyberattacks, Decision Support Systems, 166: 113912.
[NSF Award] [Best Paper Award at KrAIS 2017]
Kwark, Young, Gene Moo Lee, Paul A. Pavlou, Liangfei Qiu (2021) On the Spillover Effects of Online Product Reviews on Purchases: Evidence from Clickstream Data, Information Systems Research, 32(3): 895-913.
[Data awarded by Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative]
Shin, Donghyuk, Shu He, Gene Moo Lee, Andrew B. Whinston, Suleyman Cetintas, Kuang-Chih Lee (2020) Enhancing Social Media Analysis with Visual Data Analytics: A Deep Learning Approach, MIS Quarterly 44(4): 1459-1492.
Zhuang, Yunhui, Yunsik Choi, Shu He, Alvin C. M. Leung, Gene Moo Lee, Andrew B. Whinston (2020) Understanding Security Vulnerability Awareness, Firm Incentives, and ICT Development in Pan-Asia, Journal of Management Information Systems 37(3): 668-693.
Lee, Gene Moo, Shu He, Joowon Lee, Andrew B. Whinston (2020) Matching Mobile Applications for Cross-Promotion, Information Systems Research 31(3): 865-891.
[Data awarded by IGAWorks]
Song, Reo, Ho Kim, Gene Moo Lee, Sungha Jang (2019) Does Deceptive Marketing Pay? The Evolution of Consumer Sentiment Surrounding a Pseudo-Product-Harm Crisis, Journal of Business Ethics 158(3): 743-761.
[Featured in The Globe and Mail]
Park, Sunyeong, Gene Moo Lee, You-Il Kim, Jinny Seo (2018) Development of Topic Trend Analysis Model for Industrial Intelligence using Public Data, Journal of Technology Innovation 26(4): 199-232.
Lee, Gene Moo, Liangfei Qiu, Andrew B. Whinston (2016) A Friend Like Me: Modeling Network Formation in a Location-Based Social Network, Journal of Management Information Systems 33(4): 1008-1033.
[Best Paper Nomination at HICSS 2016]
He, Shu, Gene Moo Lee, Sukjin Han, Andrew B. Whinston (2016) How Would Information Disclosure Influence Organizations’ Outbound Spam Volume? Evidence from a Field Experiment, Journal of Cybersecurity 2(1): 99-118.
Shi, Zhan, Gene Moo Lee, Andrew B. Whinston (2016) Toward a Better Measure of Business Proximity: Topic Modeling for Industry Intelligence, MIS Quarterly 40(4): 1035-1056.
- I regularly present papers at IS conferences such as CIST, ICIS, WITS, DS, KrAIS, and HICSS. Before switching to the IS field, I published papers at Computer Science conferences.
- Project reports, unpublished manuscripts, lecture notes
- My work was covered in media outlets (e.g., The Globe and Mail, Huffington Post).
- Koh Y, Lee GM, Lee GM (2023) Price Competition and Active or Inactive Consumer Search [Latest version: May 31, 2023]
- Yuan L, Lee GM, Xiao H, Ye Q (2023) From Spacing to Scheduling: The Effect of Seller Posting Time Strategies for Short Video Advertising, [Latest version: Apr 26, 2023]
- Lee M, Lee GM, Cavusoglu H, Seidel MDL (2023) Strategic Competitive Positioning: Unsupervised Operationalization of a Structural Hole-based Firm-specific Construct, Under review. [Last update: Aug 15, 2023]
- Zhang X, Zhou M, Lee GM (2022) How Does AI-Generated Voice Affect Online Content Creation? Evidence from TikTok, Preparing for resubmission to Management Science. [Last update: Dec 9, 2022]
- Song V, Cavusoglu H, Ma MLZ, Lee GM, (2023) IT Risk and Stock Price Crash Risk, Under 2nd round review at Information Systems Research. [Decision: Dec 18, 2022]
- Park J, Aziz A, Lee GM (2022) Do Incentivized Reviews Poison the Well? Evidence from a Natural Experiment at Amazon.com, CIST 2022. [Last update: Nov 2022]
- Schulte-Althoff, M., Lee, G. M., Rothes, H., Kauffman, R., Fürstenau, D. (2022) What Fuels Growth? A Comparative Analysis of the Scaling Intesity of AI Start-ups, WITS 2022. [Latest update: Aug 3, 2022]
- Kwon S, Park S, Lee GM, Lee D (2022) Learning Faces to Predict Matching Probability in an Online Dating Market, ICIS 2022. [Last update: Dec 2022]
- Park S, Lee GM, Shin D, Han SP (2022) When Does Congruence Matter for Pre-roll Video Ads? The Effect of Multimodal, Ad-Content Congruence on the Ad Completion, Working Paper. [Latest update: June 27, 2022]
- Lee GM*, Naughton J*, Zheng X*, Zhou D* (2020) Predicting Litigation Risk via Machine Learning, Working Paper. [Latest update: Dec 1, 2020]
- Schulte-Althoff M, Schewina K., Lee GM, Fürstenau D. (2021) On the Heterogeneity of Startup Tech Stacks, Working Paper [Latest update: May 20, 2021]
- 2023: Yonsei, Dalhousie, Sungkyunkwan, POSTECH, Kyung Hee, Yonsei, Seoul National, POSTECH, Korea University of Science and Technology, Dalhousie, Korean Professors in BC
- 2022 (8): Arizona, George Mason, KAIST, Hanyang, Vancouver KDD, Kyung Hee Univ, McGill, Consulate General of Korea in Vancouver
- 2021 (11): HKUST, Saarland, Maryland, Korea Univ, American Univ, Kyung Hee, Chung-Ang, NUS, Tennesse Chattanooga, Rochester, KAIST, Yonsei
- 2020 (5): Rutgers, UBC Commerce Scholars Program, UBC Sauder, Univ of Washington, AKCSE Young Generation Forum
- 2019 (2): UBC AI Research Centre (CAIDA), Simon Fraser
- 2018 (4): UBC Information School, Rutgers, Arizona State, Korea Univ, Korea Insurance Research Institute (KIRI)
- 2017 (4): Univ of North Texas, UT Arlington, Consulate General of Republic of Korea, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI)
- 2016 (10): UT Arlington, SKKU, Korea Univ, Hanyang, Kyung Hee, Chung-Ang, Yonsei, Seoul National, Kyungpook National, UBC Sauder
- 2015 (1): KAIST
- 2014 (7): Notre Dame, Temple, UC Irvine, Indiana, UT Dallas, Minnesota, UT Arlington
- IS Papers on Big Data, Analytics, and AI
- IS and Marketing Papers on Visual Data Analytics (Image, Video)
- IS and Econ Papers on Robotics
- IS Papers on Cybersecurity
- My thoughts on the Impact of AI and Big Data Analytics in IS Research
- MIS Quarterly‘s Curation on Data Management
- Public data sources
- Slack: misr-ubc.slack.com