“I studied law and management in Singapore for 3 years; personally, it wasn’t the most pleasant experience, but I learned so much from it. Law is just not for me though, so I started anew in Arts in fall 2015. Funny story—I applied for the wrong campus! I’m not even kidding, my mom was so angry. I didn’t do any extensive research on universities at that point. I was really stressed at the time because I just came off of a 3-month internship at a law firm; it was crazy work hours every day—10, 11 hours—so I just applied, and after they sent me the package, which read ‘Okanagan,’ I googled it and found out this is NOT Vancouver!

*Laughs*

And my parents were like, ‘What, are you doing?’ So I went there, I enjoyed it; it’s a beautiful campus but I love living in a bustling big city. … I transferred and it’s been great since. People have such meaningful stories about how they came to UBC—I clicked on the wrong button!

*Laughs*

I’ve made so many stupid, careless mistakes because of things like that.”

“Are you still watching Bob’s Burgers? “

“YES! It’s such a great show. It’s so smart! … I don’t watch dramas because I feel like, I don’t know, I can’t deal with emotional stuff generally. I keep watching sitcoms instead… There are a lot of good things I should explore but I don’t want to like, cry. I’ve never been a crier. It’s so bad actually… maybe that’s why I’m studying psych. It’s really weird because I empathize with people so well, but I’m not the type of person that gets sad, in general. I feel like, there was a point in my life where I thought about things too much. Then one day I was just like, No, no more. … I love satire TV. There’s a show called Silicon Valley that I really enjoy; it’s about the tech industry and how like, messed up it is, and how weird people are. It’s so good; I feel like the best part about it is people poking fun at a certain profession, and people who watch it are receptive towards it because they can relate to it so much on a personal level… it’s also lighthearted, so nothing serious.”