This is a picture taken of where the sharer felt most calm and collected before the pandemic hit. Being able to explore the depths of the cool, shady forests of Vancouver without a fear or anxious thought in sight feels like a distant time.

“I cannot describe to you how strange of a year it has been. It’s felt both so horrendously long and yet so strangely short. Like it’s going to be 2021 in two months. Can you believe it? I certainly can’t…

I started off the year with so much hope. I was ready to make a new group of friends. With smaller classes, I finally felt comfortable enough to approach my profs. I wanted to get more involved with clubs and potentially find a job. Now, I’m just paralyzed. I always feel anxious about what’s going to happen next. Everything always feels so overwhelming. Everything feels so unpredictable… but what do I need to tell myself?

I need to tell myself more that it’s all going to be okay… It’s extremely hard, I know it is. But what helps me is to think about what I’m most grateful for and it’s always the little things that matter the most. I’m grateful for the roof over my head and for food on the table. I’m grateful for being able to study in the most beautiful city in the world. I’m grateful that all my close friends and family are healthy and safe. I’m grateful for the life and opportunities that have been given to me.

At the end of the day, I just have to remind myself that it’s all going to be okay. And it always is.”