It’s like sausage being made…

I’m presenting tomorrow for the NLII Annual Meeting here in San Diego. To the surprise of nobody, I am still well away from finishing my presentation… in fact I am certain I will be working well into the wee hours pecking away on my hotel dial-up connection… and a sleepless night should ensure that manic, completely incoherent state of mind on which I thrive.

If you happen to be in San Diego, and want to see a full-on public meltdown, then the Westin Hotel really is the place to be.

Though things are still a mess, I’m going to post my current working draft, in part because I am building my presentation in a wiki, and if anybody would like to add a link, or offer feedback, I would be grateful for any contribution. Oh, would I ever be grateful…

The presentation is divided into three sections: a) “insurgence”, which highlights the disruptions digital media is making to our practices; “emergence”, which will focus on the development of social networks enabled by personal tools and protocols like RSS; and “convergence” is meant to point to examples of how existing institutions and industries are evolving to take advantage of the properties of online culture.

As of now, only the “insurgence” section is in any kind of proper shape… the other ones will need to be fleshed out and structured. As of now “emergence” and “convergence” are just dumps of some articles I find interesting. If you think I have missed something critical, feel free to add whatever you wish to the site… You can pop in to any section of the presentation wiki, and if you are worried about screwing up my flow (you really shouldn’t be) then you can add whatever you like in the FeedbackLoop.

I present tomorrow at 2:00 PST, so please don’t make changes around that time. Unless you are a total jerk, in which case that would be the perfect moment to mess with my fragile psyche.

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to It’s like sausage being made…

1. evan says:

good luck! They made me stay home and tend the farm this week… can’t wait to see it when its done…