Jumpin’ On the Poddywagon

Those of you that have been subjected to my weblog for the past year know that I write regular articles for UBC’s eStrategy newsletter. It’s a useful exercise for me, as it means that once a month I am required to take some of the stray bits of data churning about in my addled mind and try to synthesize them into a short piece that is completely incomprehensible to a general audience. As I have whinged in this space already, the past few weeks have been rather hectic, and there were moments when I didn’t think I would get this month’s installment done. As it happened, I managed to bash out some verbiage, but there was a cost — the article didn’t come out as well as I’d hoped, and the intended audio complement was not completed in time for publication — thus squandering some great material provided by D’Arcy, at least for now. I hope to post the sound version soon, but have a few more pressing tasks that must be addressed first.

You can check out the newsletter version, which includes a couple of photos (already attracting mockery) and some fine editorial work from new eStrategy Communications whiz Chantal Eustace… The text from my original draft (quicker for me to paste into MT) is provided below.

Wired (and wireless) for sound: audioblogging, podcasting and education

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Jumpin’ On the Poddywagon

1. Jeremy says:

Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that I’ll be eating those cantankerous words in the not so distant future?

2. Brian Lamb says:

I dunno Jeremy, I tend to agree with what you said. We’re going to be hearing a lot of uninteresting podcasts in the near future, and we need to pay attention to what works and what doesn’t. I have more respect for text as a technology than I ever did…

Alan Levine and Kirsten Bole have both written interesting posts along these lines:

http://jade.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/alan/archives/2004/12/19/yawn.php

http://crowstoburnaby.com/index.php/2004/12/20/behind_the_curve_on_audioblogging