The internet as TV? Pass me the remote, get out the credit card…

Internet NO será otra TV
Internet NO será otra TV, click to see larger version, or see original at http://internetnoseraotratv.net/en

Image above via Transmedia

“I’m not nearly as upset with the fact that there is such a thing as the iPad, I am not necessarily an iPad hater, rather my contempt is preserved for all the folks who are claiming that the iPad is the second coming of educational technology.” – Jim Groom

“For a company whose CEO professes a hatred of DRM, Apple sure has made DRM its alpha and omega. Having gotten into business with the two industries that most believe that you shouldn’t be able to modify your hardware, load your own software on it, write software for it, override instructions given to it by the mothership (the entertainment industry and the phone companies), Apple has defined its business around these principles. It uses DRM to control what can run on your devices, which means that Apple’s customers can’t take their “iContent” with them to competing devices, and Apple developers can’t sell on their own terms. ” – Cory Doctorow

“A federal appeals court on Tuesday dealt a sharp blow to the efforts of the Federal Communications Commission to set the rules of the road for the Internet, ruling that the agency lacks the authority to require broadband providers to give equal treatment to all Internet traffic flowing over their networks.” – F.C.C. Rules for Broadband Fairness Set Aside by Court (New York Times)

“We write in the box that Google gives us.” — Douglas Rushkoff, Program or be Programmed

8 Responses to The internet as TV? Pass me the remote, get out the credit card…