We now interrupt this weblog’s regularly scheduled ranting…

… for a bit of ego-tripping.

I was surprised to see that this page somehow made the cut as a finalist for the 2004 Weblog Awards in the category of “Best Canadian Blog”.

I was bit conflicted about whether I should post this nomination here, but if nothing else these awards have turned me on to some fine weblogs that I didn’t know before. And it seems to be attracting a fair number of new visitors here — to whom I say: “Welcome! I hope you enjoy my special blend of herbs and spices, educational technology spiked with outdated beatnik lingo and odd punctuation…”

Thanks to Stephen Downes, who graciously nominated a bunch of Canuck Ed Tech bloggers, and who obviously should be carrying the mantle himself in this competition. He could only improve on my showing so far, as of now I’m pulling 1.6% of the vote. Then again, that’s better than how my favorite political party did in the last federal election.

And I’m beating out D’Arcy Norman by a solid 0.2% (at time of this posting) of the total count — so I still have a shot at snagging the coveted subcategory of Top Canadian Amigo… (though really, he deserves that honour — I urge all 8 of my loyal readers to go show some love for the D-Man).

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to We now interrupt this weblog’s regularly scheduled ranting…

1. Yeah – I’ve been thinking about it, and I’m not sure how valuable a “Canadian Weblogs” section is, without OLDaily and Ongoing – the top 2 Canadian weblogs in my mind… For them not to be even listed makes me wonder a bit…

2. James Farmer says:

Congratulations, you guts could pick up a coupla Eddies too if you’re not careful :o)