Keep checking for marketing studies for extra marks

I asked Kirk Kristofferson, the PhD student who visited our class last month to talk about participating in marketing studies for extra marks in COMM 296, about the number of eligible studies available on the Marketing Behavioural Lab website and what might be coming down the pipe for you. This was his reply:

There are 2 studies going on right now that have 200 slots per study. There will also be more going next week, and after reading week until the end of semester, so no need for them to stress. They just have to check often and sign up when they can. 

I have posted a link to the Marketing Behavioural Lab sign-up system in the “Tools & Resources” folder on Vista. Check the site regularly to catch studies in which you can participate, because new opportunities are added all the time.

I also recommend that you don’t leave these studies until the last minute, because there’s often a rush for spots at the end of the term, when everyone is desperate for extra marks… It is all done on a first come, first served basis, and when they’re gone, they’re gone.

One final note: remember that you can earn either a bonus mark or money from a study, but not both. The studies that specify that they are for financial compensation cannot be traded for course marks. Make sure you read the study details very carefully before signing up.

Enjoy!