Book Review Assignment:
- Read one of the following books during the course.
- Write a book review with the following questions:
- Why did you select this book?
- Write a brief summary of the book.
- What did you learn from this book? Did you get a new idea from this?
Recommended books on “How technology is changing the industry and society”
- Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson (2017) Machine, Platform, Crowd: Harnessing Our Digital Future. Link: Norton
- Kartik Hosanagar (2019). A Human’s Guide to Machine Intelligence: How algorithms are shaping our lives and how we can stay in control. Link: Penguin Random House
- Cathy O’Neil (2016). Weapons of Math Destruction: How Big Data increases inequality and threatens democracy. Link: Penguin Random House
- Michael D. Smith and Rahul Telang (2016) Streaming, Sharing, Stealing: Big Data and the Future of Entertainment. Link: MIT Press.
- Ajay Agrawal, Joshua Gans, and Avi Goldfarb (2018) Prediction Machines: The Simple Economics of Artificial Intelligence. Link: Book website
- Anindya Ghose (2017). Tap: Unlocking the Mobile Economy. Link: MIT Press.
- Arun Sundararajan (2016) The Sharing Economy: The end of employment and the rise of crowd-based capitalism. Link: MIT Press
- Eric Topol (2019) Deep Medicine: How AI can make healthcare human again. Link: Basic Books.