Why you shouldn’t use learning objects, and why you should

I try to submit a monthly piece for a newsletter here at UBC. It’s a useful exercise for me to write through my work with a broader audience in mind, and I’m grateful for the forum — but man, it can be stressful sometimes. I struggle with the deadlines and the space requirements, and am fortunate that the newsletter has a such a talented and understanding editor in Krista Charbonneau.

Last month I wrote a boring piece on LO Repositories and UBC. I knew it was dull read, so like an idiot I concluded the article promising that “next month” I would address some of the toughest challenges concerning LO adoption: “connecting educational multimedia production to pedagogy, addressing intellectual property concerns, and the considerable effort required to identify and catalogue learning objects

This entry was posted in Abject Learning, Administrivia, Objects, Open Content, tech/tools/standards. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Why you shouldn’t use learning objects, and why you should