Wikispam I could learn to love…

A few months back, I gave a talk at the ITI Conference at Utah State, using a wiki as my presentation tool. My final screen was a selection entitled “what to do”, a vague series of recommendations, tacked on mostly because I’d spent the previous 45 minutes glibly playing “smash or trash” with what other people were doing, and I felt obliged to put forward some set of semi-constructive assertions for the final 30 seconds.

And so it sat the past eight weeks, until some enterprising soul with a German IP address added another recommendation at the bottom.

wordrobe.jpg

I’m not sure how to interpret “wordrobe”… is this a malapropism from a non-English speaker, or Joycean wordplay from a master ironist? Or maybe both?

After months of fighting a seemingly futile battle to keep the UBC Wiki free of spammed links to Chinese Internet companies, to get an addition that is mere heckling feels like a deep breath of fresh Bohemian air.

This entry was posted in wikis. Bookmark the permalink.