oh, come on

Posted by: | February 11, 2008 | 9 Comments

This is a wholesale lifting of Alex Lougheed’s facebook note, in which he notices that Stephen McCarthy isn’t on the ballot.

How to vote in the AMS Special Election

The original can be found here.

Props to Alex for: voting at 1am, having eagle eyes, and also wicked MSPaint skills.

Comments

9 Comments so far

1. Alex Lougheed on February 11, 2008 4:46 pm

T’was photoshop I’ll have you know.

Paint doesn’t save to png. :(

2. Gerald on February 11, 2008 6:37 pm

ah. facebook converts everything to JPEG so I didn’t notice that it was originally a PNG, and those certainly aren’t wicked photoshop skills. :p

3. Fire Hydrant on February 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Steve McCarthy: fixed.

Blake Frederick: Who’s that?

4. Patrick on February 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Was just going to comment on the also lack of Blake…

I want to know what happens, if my vote isnt counted because I made it at 12:30 at night, Im’a be real pissed.

5. Gerald on February 11, 2008 7:05 pm

he didn’t debate; I was under the impression he’d pulled out.

6. Stephen McCarthy on February 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Blake did withdraw from the race earlier.

Pat, on the flip side, if many people voted without a chance to see that I was running, and their (your?) votes count, I would be pissed.

Best case scenario: votes get discarded, everyone who voted gets emailed to tell them they may vote again. May not change the vote count (probably only the keeners voted last night anyways) but makes it much more legit. If that’s not possible, I think it’s debatable whether it’s better to discard the votes (but not let those students revote) or keep them. Either way someone loses.

7. Patrick on February 11, 2008 7:51 pm

I’d want my vote to count, and the dozens of people that I know also voted would want their votes to count as well.

Admittedly, SOMETHING needs to be done, but there is no way the votes of those already cast should not be counted, either by way of reopening voting for them OR by simply counting them.

We all know which is preferential, but if the preferential method isnt available, Id want my vote to still count.

8. Blake on February 12, 2008 3:42 am

Oh god, the bit about Alex including his name and student number is hilarious. Props.

9. one person, one vote. on February 12, 2008 6:20 am

so, any word on whether alex was able to vote 12 times for himself here too?

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind