It’s quiet. Too quiet.

It may seem like nothing is happening here, but the horrifying reality is there’s too much happening at once. In addition to the normal workload (involving three different half-day workshops to deliver in three days, among other things), I’ve taken on a couple of pretty big side projects — I shouldn’t talk about them at this point, but both will be public in a few months. It’s meant 14 hour days for the past few weeks… Add in a bout of illness, moving to a new place last weekend, and a Canadian team in the Stanley Cup Finals — the result is a low profile on my public spaces.

Among the victims of neglect has been the FenceSitter Weblog and Resource SuperPortal, which is my piece of the upcoming NMC happening, Small Pieces Loosely Joined, co-led by Alan Levine and D’Arcy Norman.

I am way beyond excitement about this event. It’s a huge kick working with these guys again — and I can’t wait to see them in person at the conference in a couple weeks.

It’s been gratifying to see the response from diverse quarters as word has leaked out (a bit earlier than expected) about what we’re trying to do — whatever that might be. My own hope is that things will turn out nothing like what we expect… that enough participation will kick in from the event itself and remote locations that things will veer off into uncharted territory. Thanks so much to everyone who has already agreed to take part, and if you feel like joining in, consider yourself invited.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have many boxes to unpack. See you in a couple days.

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to It’s quiet. Too quiet.

1. Moving? Congrats! Hope you enjoy your new digs!