This is for you, James

Thanks to James Farmer for the friendly reminder that this weblog was downright unfriendly to those who prefer to read it through their RSS readers.

It was easy enough to reset the settings so that the whole entry was included in the RSS feed, but the result read poorly — just an unbroken mass of formless text (which is a pretty good way of describing my prose style, come to think of it).

Thankfully, I happened to be iChatting with Alan yesterday, and he helped me out. Essentially I needed to go into the RSS templates, find the bit of code that read…

… and replace it with:

And the result reads far more cleanly in my newsreader, at least.

I’ve also started running my feed through Feedburner, in part because it lets me splice in my additions to my Furl account (it also works with Flickr and del.icio.us)… I’m increasingly coming to appreciate the utility of shared bookmark services — it’s like blogging without writing, which appeals to the slacker in me. Combining these two feeds makes the most sense to me, so I’m making this version the main output. (Though a link to the de-Furled feed is still available.) The new feed:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/AbjectLearning

This entry was posted in XML/RSS. Bookmark the permalink.